More Info on Icynene®
• Semi flexible means that the foam can adjust to the expansion and contraction of the building materials where as some other more rigid foams may not be able to make this adjustment.
• Icynene® is sprayed in as a liquid so that it can fill all the cracks and crevices and then softly expands at a rate of 100 to 1 to create an air barrier. Whether it is warm air leaking into a cool conditioned space or whether it is cool air leaking into a warm space, either of these scenarios can lead to condensation. Icynene® forms an air seal which effectively controls this potential moisture issue. Other types of insulations cannot create this air seal.
• Icynene® does not absorb or wick water. Because of its open cell structure it does allow water to pass through, however once it dries it has the same properties as when it was installed.
• Icynene® foam is inert. It does not shrink, sag, settle, slip, turn to dust or decline in R-value over time. It offers no food value to bacteria, fungus, termites, carpenter ants or rodents.
• Icynene® has a limited lifetime warranty