A part of building great relationship with our customers includes knowing what to expect before we arrive to do the work.
- Our installer team will need to get our spray rig or blowing truck within 50 feet of your home and within 75 feet of your electrical panel or temporary service.
- All plumbing, electrical, and mechanical rough ins and inspections should take place before our arrival. Please request all subcontractors properly secure pipes and wires to the studs. The home should be ready hang drywall after we get through insulating your home.
- If any trades damage installed insulation after a job is completed, a touch up fee could apply (minimum $250). Be sure all of your pipes, wires, outlets, and switches are where you need them before we arrive.
- We ask that no other contractors should be working in the immediate area. Although our product does not off gas after installation, personal protective equipment is required during installation. The rooms that we are insulating should be free of trash and stored construction materials.
- We ask that an on-site dumpster be provided to avoid a $250 debris removal fee.
- We want to make sure that you are happy with our work! We ask that you are present when we complete the job to review the project.
- Want a discount of up to $100 off your insulation job? We will provide a $10 credit per person/family that stops by to see our product while we are there. We will give them a brief tour and explain some of the benefits that your home will have over traditionally insulated homes.
- So we can serve all our customers efficiently, we request a minimum of 24 hours notice to reschedule. A $250 rescheduling fee could apply if proper notice is not received.